Clinical Research Center
The Clinical Research Center (CRC) at Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) has been continuously funded by the NCRR Research Centers at Minority Institutions since 1996. It serves as a core clinical interactions resource of the Georgia Clinical and Translational Science Alliance.
The 10,000 square foot state-of-the-art outpatient facility is located on the MSM campus. It helps provide the infrastructure necessary for our institution’s faculty to conduct clinical research and offers comprehensive support for clinical investigation with its various core resources and facilities.
The center also provides clinical research management, biostatistical support, and regulatory support for translational research studies across MSM, thus assuring the highest standards for quality of science, statistical rigor, ethical evaluation, robust design, participant safety, and strict implementation, analysis, reporting, and good clinical practice for all approved studies.
The center’s infrastructure is uniquely suited to the pursuit of clinical and translational research in minority and underrepresented communities. It is the first free-standing outpatient research facility in the nation to receive accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations and supports overnight studies for up to 14 consecutive days.
Facilities and services include:
- 5 fully-equipped examination rooms
- Shared use laboratories (Ultrasound Core and Sleep Lab)
- 8-bed study participant observation unit
- Bionutrition Core with a metabolic kitchen and state-of-the-art DEXA scanner
- Research Design and Biostatistics Core
- Administration Core
- Biomedical Informatics Core
- Pediatric Clinical and Translational Research Unit
- Clinical Trials Office (Clinical Trails Core, Regulatory Core, Nursing Core, Investigational Drug Services, Recruitment/Retention Core, and Basic Core Lab (Specimen Processing and Storage Services))
For more information about the CRC, please contact the Clinical Trials Office at email@example.com or 404-756-8685.
Priscilla E. Pemu M.D. MSCR FACP
Professor, Vice-Chair (Research) Department of Medicine
Associate Dean, Clinical Research
Director, Clinical Research Center
Morehouse School of Medicine