Wake Forest University
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy in Anatomy
Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Biology
- The formation, maintenance, diseases and repair of bones and muscles
- Limb development and skeletal patterning.
- The roles of retinoids (vitamin A derivatives) in regulating cell and tissue function.
- Microgravity effects on musculoskeletal tissues in embryos and adults.
- Klement BJ, Paulsen DF, Wineski LE. Anatomy as the backbone of an integrated first year medical curriculum: design and implementation. Anat Sci Educ. 2011 May-Jun;4(3):157-69. doi: 10.1002/ase.217. Epub 2011 Apr 27. PMID: 21538939
- Wineski LE, von Deutsch DA, Abukhalaf IK, Pitts SA, Potter DE,Paulsen DF. Muscle-specific effects of hindlimb suspension and clenbuterol in mature male rats. Cells Tissues Organs. 2002;171(2-3):188-98. PMID: 12097841
- von Deutsch DA, Abukhalaf IK, Wineski LE, Roper RR, Aboul-Enein HY, Paulsen DF, Potter DE. Distribution and muscle-sparing effects of clenbuterol in hindlimb-suspended rats. Pharmacology. 2002 May;65(1):38-48. PMID: 11901300
- von Deutsch DA, Abukhalaf IK, Wineski LE, Aboul-Enein HY, Pitts SA, Parks BA, Oster RA, Paulsen DF, Potter DE. Beta-agonist-induced alterations in organ weights and protein content: comparison of racemic clenbuterol and its enantiomers. Chirality. 2000 Aug;12(8):637-48. PMID: 10897101
- Lo WK, Shaw AP, Paulsen DF, Mills A. Spatiotemporal distribution of zonulae adherens and associated actin bundles in both epithelium and fiber cells during chicken lens development. Exp Eye Res. 2000 Jul;71(1):45-55. PMID: 10880275